Submissions: JA Company Program
The following material must be returned before the event:
- The description of the company for the Uskalla Yrittää -website not later than 4.4.2018.
- A picture of the company for the competition of the presence of the social media not later than 4.4.2018.
- A report on the operation of the company not later than 6.4.2018.
- A file used in the presentation of the company not later than 12.4.2018.
You can proceed to returning the assignment either through the link above or the link in the description.
The description of the company
There will be a summary on the events website of all the JA companies in the Uskalla Yrittää final.
Every participating JA company must deliver a short description of what the company does and what makes it interesting for the summary not later than 4.4.2018. The purpose is not to write the business plan all over again for everyone to see, rather a brief description of the business idea.
Deliver the company’s logo in PNG, JPG or JPEG -form at the same time. Return the description and information with the form below.
A picture of the company (team)
One category in the final competition is the best presence in social media. In this competition the JA companies collect likes for their own picture. Nuori Yrittäjyys ry publishes a photo album on Facebook. The album introduces all the finalists and it is published on 6.4.2018 and it is possible to like until 18.4.2018 at 23:59.
The companies have to deliver a group photo of the team for the competition not later than 4.4.2018.
Company business presentation
Every JA company has a four minute long business presentation in the final. If the presentation is supported with PowerPoint or a similar presentation (Prezi, Sway) must the presentation be sent to the event team not later than 12.4.2018. In this way we can make sure that the presentations open up and function on the computer properly. If there is any problems there is still time to fix them before the event.
The fonts used in the PowerPoint presentations should be the regular fonts on Windows so the presentations function properly on the computers used in the final.
The presentation must be either compatible with the Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2013 -program or a PDF-file. If you want to use another format please contact the event team in time. The maximum size of the file is 20 MB. The files are returned primarily with the return form below.
The purpose of the presentation is to give the JA companies a chance to present their company to a real audience and see how well they get their listeners to get enthusiastic about the company and its operations.
The presentation sums up the most important experiences and achievements from the JA year. The presentation should include up- and downhills – what have you learned from mistakes made and what have you achieved. Remember to tell about your learning experiences of the year. A presentation of the company is not a presentation of the product.
The structure of a presentation can be for instance:
- Opening and introduction
- Description of the product or service, its strengths and competitive advantages
- Description of the JA year
- Ups- and downs
- What have you learned during the year, what thoughts has the year awakened
- The economy of the your JA company
- A 4 minute long presentation of the company which is a clear ensemble of the company and its possibilities.
- The participants can use in their presentation supporting material suca as PowerPoint, Prezi tai PDF -presentations or other visual support but forms of non-live presentations is prohibited to use.
- Using of short videos is allowed but the time used on the video is included in the four minute presentation. It’s good to thik thoroughly does the video help the presentation.
- Concerning the content it pays off to describe what the company does, why it does it, has it made profit and what you have learned.
- The language of the presentation:
- The presentation language on elementary level is Finnish, Swedish or English.
- The presentation language on the upper secondary level is English.
NOTE! The presentations of the upper secondary level are held in English so the presentation must also be in English.
JA companies participating in the final competition write a report of their own company . The purpose of the report is to show how well the JA company can tell in the form of a report about the own operation, results, plans for the future an the things learned and experienced in the JA Company Program.
The report tells how the year of the company has passed by in the sense of both economical figures and experience gained. The report is in other words a combination of a traditional annual report and the company’s inner reflection. With the help of the report the company shows that it is capable of producing a text document of their company and using this document to get the reader enthusiastic about the company and its operation.
The report must be returned not later than 6.4.2018. The report is read by the judges before the final.
Note that the report must have a cover page before the text itself. The cover page includes the name of the JA company, the names of the members of the company, the name of the school, the name of the teacher, and the operational time of the company (which you can check from the registration licence).
The report is to be returned in PDF -form. You can check instructions for saving in PDF -form here.