The upper age limit for participating in the Uskalla Yrittää final is 25 years in the category of the JA Company Program. There is no lower age limit for participating in the final.
There is no age limit on the elementary school competition.
For the upper secondary level the age limits for the competition for the Finnish championship derive directly from the age limits for the competition for the European championship. The official policy of JA Europe is:
Achievers representing their Companies in the competition must be at least 15 years old and no more than 21 years old on the 31st of July of the year of participation. Younger or older students will be automatically asked to withdraw from the competition.
Because of this the JA companies of the upper secondary level wanting to compete for the title of the best JA company in Finland can not have participants over 21 years old.
In the final for the European championship is the lower age limit 15 years and upper age limit 21 years for the participants from the upper secondary level. If there is an under- or over-aged member in the JA company it limits the chance of getting to the competition for the European championship.
If your company wants to compete for getting to the final in the Euopean championship can this person not take part in the operation of your company at any level. She or he is therefore a guest at the event and has access to the trade fair and the presentations of the companies. She or he cannot, however, identify as a representative of your JA company.
A JA company can take part in the final with all its members regardless their ages but in that case the JA company cannot become the representative of Finland in the competition for the European championship. In all the other categories of the competition is the JA company included, though.
For the higher education level the age limits for the competition for the Finnish championship derive directly from the age limits for the competition for the European championship. The official policy of JA Europe is:
Achievers representing their Companies in the competition must be at least 18 years old and no more than 29 years old on the 31st of July of the year of participation. Younger or older students will be automatically asked to withdraw from the competition.
Because of this the JA companies of the upper secondary level wanting to compete for the title of the best JA company in Finland can not have participants over 29 years old.
In the Finnish final the amount of participants can be at most eight persons per JA company. However, for instance the amount of participants from the upper secondary level and higher education level in the competition for the European championship is limited to five persons. Below a citation from the instructions of JA Europe:
The number of official participants per JA Company is limited to a maximum of 5 students. A student may NOT attend as an official participant if he/she has participated as a member of a team in any of the past Competitions. If additional achievers from the same company attend the event, they may NOT participate in any part of the competition (during on-stage presentation, at the stand presentations, or during the interview).
One can usually take part in the JA Company Program only once during elementary school, senior high school or vocational school. This applies also to the Uskalla yrittää final competition. If one has conducted the program in elementary school it is possible to do it again in senior high school or vocational school.
It is not possible, however, to participate the JA Company Program and therefore the Uskalla Yrittää final for a second time with the same business idea, even if the school level should be changed. Participating with the same business idea puts other participants of the program and the final in an unequal position.
If the JA company has one or more members who have already taken part in the Uskalla Yrittää final during the same school level (elementary level or upper secondary level as a whole) can these members in question not take part in the operation of the company in the final at any level. They are therefore guests at the event and have access to the trade fair and the presentations of the companies. They cannot, however, identify as representatives of your JA company. In this way can all the competitors reach for success from an equal standing point.
Trade fair info
In the final the stands of the fair are located on the floors of Kamppi shopping centre. The event scene of the fair is located on the E. -floor (bottom floor) of Kamppi. All the stands are located around the middle atriums of different floors, in other words around the middle circle of each floor.
The fair office serves during the whole fair. In the office one can find for instance help with locating the stands, instructions for decorating the tables, a box for crafting, a charging place for electronic devices and tokens for the restrooms.
- The Finnish law and general ethics concerning good behaviour are to be obeyed at the fair event. The event includes everything happening at the place of the the fair (preparing of the stands, the fair itself, the deconstruction of the stands) concerning the Uskalla Yrittää final.
- Trading is allowed only by the stand appointed to your JA company but marketing is allowed everywhere around the shopping centre. Marketing means the general activities for advancing the commerce of the company, for instance handing out companys fliers to customers. Commerce and trading means the exchange of products or services sold bythe JA company for money or some other form of compensation.
- Trading in the shopping centre is allowed from the moment when the own stand is ready fo selling. In other words, it is allowed to sell products to customers even before the fair officially opens. Trading stops at the the end of the fair.
- Implantation of posters and other commercials on walls, pillars and railing of the shopping center is prohibited. A JA company can implant their posters on their own fair table.
- A JA company can also bring along their own roll-up / wall behind the table. The width of the roll-up / wall can be at most 1,3 meters.
- Every JA company is responsible of their own stand, their own product and their own belongings. The stand means the table appointed to every JA company.
- The stand has a table ready for selling and usage of the JA company. There is no electricity or wall at hand at the stand.
- Sitting at the stand is prohibited from the JA entrepreneurs. There are NO chairs at the stand and it is not allowed to bring them unless it is essential for the business idea (by offering for instance beauty services for which it is imperative that the customer sits down).
- Dangerous objects such as guns and explosives are prohibited in the whole fair area. Making fire in any form is forbidden at the fair, concerning even burning of candles.
- Using of two-sized tape, glue, blu-tack, staples, screws or nails to implant decorations on the table at the stand is prohibited. The JA companys duty is to leave the stand in the same condition it was when itwas appointed to them. Cleaning and possible damages of the stand are JA companys own responsibility.
- The JA entrepreneurs are obliged to compensate financially any damage on the property of outstanding facets caused by them during the fair if the Finnish law so requires.
- Smoking, consumption of alcohol or other intoxicants is prohibited during the fair regardless the age of the JA entrepreneur. Should violations of this rule be detected is the person in question removed from the event immediately.
The JA companies do not have walls at the fair. The table for the final comes in two sizes:
- The other table (table B) is sized: 81 cm x 94cm x 47 cm, with a shelf in the back of the table for the storage of equipment.
- You can bring for instance your own poster for the front panel of the table. The front panel is 71 cm wide and 88 cm high so it somewhat matches a poster sized approximately A1.
- The advertisement material can be attached on the table with either masking tape or transparent office tape.
- The other table (table A) is sized: 84 cm x 89 cm x 40 cm, with a shelf in the back of the table for the storage of equipment.
- You can bring for instance your own poster for the front panel of the table. The front panel is 80 cm wide and 84,5 cm high so it somewhat matches a poster sized approximately A1.
- The advertisement material can be attached on the table with either masking tape or transparent office tape.
Table A is used with teams on elementary school level as well as higher education level. Table B is for teams on secondary education level.
Teams are not allowed to bring own table to the event. JA company can bring a roll-up and it’s maximum width can be 1,3 meters.
We are happy to announce that this year, electricity will be used for the first time at the fair. Electricity is drawn to each stand, which you can use if needed.
If you are using electricity, take your own extension cord.
It is prohibited for the JA entrepreneurs to sit at the stand. There are NO chairs at the stand and it is not allowed to bring them unless it is essential for the business idea (by offering for instance beauty services for which it is imperative that the customer sits down).
Selling at the shopping centre is allowed from the moment when the own stand is ready fo selling. In other words, it is allowed to sell products to customers even before the fair officially opens. Trading stops at the the end of the fair.
The event badges one gets at the check-in has to be carried along all the time. Without the fair passport one doesn’t get in the events or food.
DAY: opening, presentations of the companies and trade fair
Opening: business casual or the JA companys own outfit
Presentations of the companies: business casual or the JA companys own outfit
Trade fair: business casual or the JA companys own outfit
Dinner and evening program: casual
DAY: interviews of the jury and gala
Interview of the jury: business casual or the JA companys own outfit
Gala: festive dressing (suit / cocktail-dress)
The first part of the final are the presentations of the companies. The presentations take place at Original Sokos Hotel Presidentti.
Will the presentations be ready for the JA entrepreneurs?
The JA companies return their presentations to the event team in advance. The team checks the presentations and their contents. The presentations will be brought ready to the presentation space by the team and therefore the JA entrepreneurs don’t have to bring their presentation along.
When should the JA entrepreneurs arrive to the presentation space?
The presentations in different spaces are divided in two parts. The JA entrepreneurs have to be in the presentation space before the start of their own group.
The JA entrepreneurs are not allowed to leave the space before all the presentations of the group have been held.
Is it possible to come to the presentation spaces at any time just to listen?
We want to offer every JA entrepreneur the peace to finish their presentations. Therefore the space cannot be entered in the middle of a presentation. There are people directing and letting people in to listen the presentations at the doors of every space..
What is the technical equipment in the presentation rooms?
In each business presentation room, JA companies have two microphones and a remote controller for companies to manage their own presentation.
What should be considered in the company presentations?
Each presentation room has one jury.. The jury does not ask questions after the presentation, but gives a short comment on the presentation.
In each room there are volunteers that guide people, put the presentations up and facilitate them. The facilitator informs the presenter when there is 2 minutes left, 1 minute left and finally when 4 minutes is full.
The cloakroom at the auditorium in Original Sokos Hotel Presidentti serves the finalists on the first day of the event. The fair equipment of the JA company can and is recommendedto be left in the cloakroom also for the duration of the presentations. The fair equipment can be recovered from the cloakroom before transferring to Kamppi.
Own lodging equipment is also recommended to be left in the cloakroom for the duration of the fair. This eliminates the inconvenience of removing belongings from one place to another.
On the second day of the event must the check-out from the hotel happen at 12:00. Before transferring to the award gala belongings can be stored in a meeting space reserved for them at Original Sokos Hotel Presidentti.
The check-in at Original Sokos Hotel Presidentti starts daily at 15:00. The youngsters arriving first on the day of the final can therefore enter their hotel rooms probably first after the trade fair. Changing of clothes is possible in the public restrooms at the hotel. The restrooms are located on the 1. and 3. floor.
The check-out from the hotel is at 12:00 and then must the keys be handed to the reception. Changing of clothes before the gala is possible in the public restrooms at the hotel. The restrooms are located on the 1. and 3. floor.
- Minimum fee 1 h 5,60 €
- Following hours 2,80 €/ starting 30 min
- 24 h (uninterrupted parking): 36 €
- Not limited parking time
There is direct access from the parking garage to the hotel reception via a lift. S-Card holders receive a discount of 20% on the parking fees.
The entrance to the parking garage is located next to the hotel entrance at Eteläinen Rautatiekatu 4/
Kamppi’s address is Urho Kekkosen katu 1. Parking garage called P-Kamppi holds parking lots for 250 vehicles. Entrance to P-Kamppi is located in Olavinkatu. Another parking garage called P-CityForum holds parking lots for up to 1300 vehicles. Entrance to P-CityForum is located in Simonkatu.
Passage from garages to Kamppi shopping center is done by elevators.
Parking garages are open mon-sun from 6am to 12am. Driving out from the car park is possible 24/7.